Wednesday 7 May 2014

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Quilt

I have a whole load of old jeans and corduroy trousers that are too worn to wear but I didn't want to throw them out as they might be useful for patching stuff.  However, the other day I realised that 6 pairs is probably too many and I should really clear them out.  I hate wasting stuff and most of the material was in good nick.....so I've cut them apart and I'm going to try to make a patchwork quilt out of them.  Luckily the local fabric shop sells fabrics by weight and I was able to pick up some lighter coloured cord and some lovely woven wool quite cheaply to add to the quilt. I'm going for a simple 9 patch, which I feel is in keeping with the practical nature of the recycled fabric.  Fingers crossed it'll be warm and look good too.


No comments:

Post a Comment