Saturday 14 June 2014

Can you tell what it is yet?

I'm crocheting something for my sister - her birthday is at the end of the month so it might be a bit of a rush (or a bit late).  Obviously I can't say what it is - it's a surprise; but I did want to share it as it's the most complicated thing I've crocheted so far.  I learnt to crochet last August the fantastic Becky teaches classes that transform us poor ignorant beginners to confident crocheters who can read patterns and happily hook away in a very short time indeed.

  The base.  I'm using 100% recycled cotton in a lovely worn denim colour and a 4mm hook.

15 rows up and still going strong.  The shell pattern is a delight to crochet, fairly simple but effective and giving a beautifully textured finish; it does require you to count correctly especially on the first three foundation rows.

Here's a close-up of the stitching.  The firmness of the cotton yarn and the fairly intensive stitches mean that the final item will be quite self supporting and hopefully strong.
only 28 more rows to go....on this part of the pattern.

I do hope my sister likes it.. at least as much as I've enjoyed making it. 
I'll post further updates when it's safely finished and delivered - I'd hate to spoil her surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment