Sunday 22 November 2015

RIP Brian Horsley

My father died on the 18th of November.
He's been ill for some time so it wasn't unexpected but I still can't believe I won't ever speak to him or see him again; he won't tell me his dreadful 'Dad jokes' or rail against government policy or drink another pint of tea.


I miss him in a way I can't even begin to describe.
He was a wonderful father, he worked hard all his life to provide for his family and still found time to make up the most vivid stories to tell us at bedtime.
He worked hard for his community; a special constable, a parish councillor, an ATC leader, a Cub leader, a youth club leader.
 He was a quiet, everyday hero whose deeds of bravery were in the fields of paying bills, encouraging his children and putting food on the table.
He leaves behind a wife and five children, all of whom miss him hugely.

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. Be kind to yourself and I hope that you find comfort in the many memories that you have of your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Curvywitch,
    I am very sorry for the loss of your Dad. May you find comfort in all the great memories of the times you and your Dad shared together. I believe when we lose a loved one we gain a guardian angel to watch over us. Sending hugs your way xx
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry.... he sounds like a very special man, and no wonder you miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful man, and how fortunate you and your brothers/sisters are to have had his presence in your lives. Blessings to you all :-}

    ReplyDelete